Many key design decisions are made during the exploration and ‘front-end’ phases of a project. Acumen’s insight and experience during these phases, especially in preparing key studies and evaluations such as for concept selection, risk and the basis of design, provide invaluable input into the decision making process. Our knowledge, acquired from our extensive involvement in the oil industry, assists our client’s in making the best development decisions in support of project sanction.
- Supporting Exploration Groups with Country entry risk assessments
- For Licence Application works providing Management, Operational, HSEQ and Risk inputs to the Exploration Teams
- On behalf of the Exploration teams carried out assessment of seismic contractor’s Management systems and equipment i.e. vessels, safety performance, Lessons Learnt records etc.
Many key design decisions relating maximising oil and gas recovery and minimising facilities cost are made during the pre-development phase of a project. This require a good understanding of reservoir characteristics and facility restrictions including export options. Acumen’s insight and experience in preparing key studies and evaluations such as for concept selection, risk reviews, preparing a fit for purpose design and understanding of regulatory requirements, provide invaluable input to the investment decision.
Our ‘Real-life Worldview’ of getting things done, acquired from our extensive involvement in the oil industry, assists our client’s in making the best development decisions in support of project sanction.
Construction and Start-Up
We have extensive ‘hands-on’ expertise in commissioning and start-up.
- Safety Cases
- Risk Strategies
- Maintenance Plans
- Project Reviews
Accurately assessing and valuing both technical and non-technical risk and opportunity can differentiate winning transactions from losing ones. Acumen’s real-life worldview provides the insight and assurance needed to deliver the best possible results from M&A activity, and offers a bridgehead into the subsequent integration phase where required.
Our operational experience is invaluable in building relationships early in the integration process. Several members of the Acumen Team have been involved in the due diligence, risk assessment and audit process for asset acquisitions and disposals and in the preparation of reports for senior management on risk and findings.
ACG can facilitate and manage such processes and support the management of change within asset’s both new and existing and during the transition phase drawing on their operational experience in this area.
ACG deliverables to Operations are underpinned by broad hands-on experience and transfer of Lessons Learnt from Front-end Engineering throughout to Decommissioning.
ACG provide a wide range accumulated skills and best practices. Our services range from structuring organisations and tailoring user-friendly and effective management systems to ongoing day to day operational management.
- Development of philosophies and plans for manning, operation, spare parts, maintenance, inspection, process safety and asset Integrity
- Planning and execution of major modifications and Turnarounds
- In addition to defining structure for Management Systems identify “fit for purpose” procedures for operation
- Establish HSE Management processes such as; Management of Risk, Emergency preparedness, Accident & Incident Investigation, HSE Leadership & Campaigns, Verification and Auditing, Selection and Management of Contractor, Permit to Work systems
Collectively, we have over 200 years of operational experience, knowledge and expertise of oil and gas projects and operations. We provide a wide range accumulated skills and best practices. Our services range from consultancy advice, operational reviews, auditing and on-going day-to-day operational management.
- Production Operations and Optimisation
- Business Management Systems
- Risk Management
- Process Safety and Asset Integrity
- HSE Management
- Incident Investigation and Auditing
- Operational Safety Case
As Decommissioning and Abandonment activities can be complex and offer as many challenges as any commissioning and installation project, our experts work closely with you to ensure that your project plans fulfil all technical and regulatory requirements. In initial planning we provide strategic technical / managerial support and guidance in the decommissioning of production facilities, infrastructure wells and pipelines, through to full divestment, support decision making and tactical plans development. On location, our experienced, well-trained personnel can execute each task with an Operational and HSE based focus.
ACG is committed to delivering excellence without compromising Health, Safety or the Environment. As part of this commitment, we work with our customers and third-party companies building relationships to streamline the processes to attain their project goals and objectives . Through our decommissioning process focus and drawing on a comprehensive experience portfolio we can quickly demonstrate the commercial, operational, safety and environmental risks that exist within all decommissioning projects and how to manage and mitigate these through risk identification and management. This focused approach will ensure commercial advantage whilst protecting reputational risk through implementation of the highest health, safety and environmental standards.
- Peer review /due diligence.
- Gate review approach to project lifecycle
- Planning support / development.
- High level risk review / Risk Management.
- Regulatory review and compliance strategies.
- Stakeholder engagement.